Ginger and orange chicken
Cook time and preparation
- 10 minutes preparation
- 25 minutes cooking
- Serves 2
- 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp Tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cm piece of fresh ginger, finely chopped
- Juice and rind of one large orange
- 225g button mushrooms, washed and halved
- 2 bunches spring onions, trimmed and halved
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas mark 5.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and pan fry the chicken for a couple of minutes, then transfer to an oven proof dish.
- Mix together the honey, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and orange rind and juice and pour over the chicken.
- Season lightly with sea salt and black pepper and bake for 10 minutes.
- Now add the mushrooms and spring onions, baste and place ni oven for a further 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with coconut rice.
Download my free eBook 10 Steps to Superhealth for free. Just fill in the form below.